You know the Thought Experiments. This is the back of the envelope.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What I'm asking myself tonight:

1. Why didn't I just call my professor in October? What took me so long?

2. What sent all sense flying out of the window that Sunday in July?

3. More importantly, have I retrieved it yet?

4.Who, from the U.A.E., tried my number four times this afternoon? Real mystery. I don't even know anyone in that part of the world. And, for the fortieth time, why on earth have my employers disabled international calling on all corporate numbers?

5. So when do I plan on tidying my room?

6. How come it's a mess anyway? This is my room we're talking about.

7. What should I gift my favourite colleague on her wedding day?

8. I was supposed to turn in at ten. It is half-past eleven. What on earth...??

9. Do you think I'll make those deadlines?

10. Why am I compiling this list?

11. I'm pretty certain I missed a birthday today. The question is, whose?

12. And if that is indeed the case, how did I miss a birthday? I'm usually good with those.

13. How did I ever think I'd be glad to get out of Delhi?

14. What if I had submitted that essay the way I originally wrote it?

15. What am I doing this March 30?

16. No, really, what is the point of this list?

17.Would they just send me on a recruitment trip already?

18. I have a book I haven't finished in five weeks. Now how did that happen??

19. Is it just my computer, or has Blogger really started acting difficult again?

20. This could go on for a while. When, exactly, do I intend ending it?

21. Am I going to publish this or relegate it to the Drafts folder?

22. Eh, well. Let's turn in, shall we?

2 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

Now for the next post, why dont you tell me the answers to those questions :) I am particularly interested in 2. 3- may be not so much :D Oh and after reading 13, Delhi is beginning to sound like an ex :D Fear not, I shall delegate myself to serve as your long-distance shrink :D

Crossworder said...

Maybe I'll tell you the answers in my next email. :) Delhi IS an ex, for all practical purposes :D Please do serve as my long-distance shrink...I think the concept's kinda funny and also fun. :D